While it is true that on any given night, you can catch live music and/or a movie at a Minneapolis park over the summer, you also have the opportunity to listen to live music and watch a movie in Loring Park on four Mondays in August, courtesy of the Walker Art Center.
The 38th Summer Music & Movies presents a selection of films that cleverly and comedically explore a world immersed in television, magazines, and constant documentation. Each feature is paired with a live musical performance.
Here is what you can hear and see:
Monday, August 1 –
- Music: Grant Hart Associated
- Movie: A Hard Day’s Night, directed by Richard Lester
Monday, August 8 –
- Music: The Pines
- Movie: Hairspray, directed by John Waters
Monday, August 15 –
- Music: Mixed Blood Majority
- Movie: Wayne’s World, directed by Penelope Spheeris
Monday, August 22 –
- Music: Bruise Viotlet
- Movie: Man with a Movie Camera, accompanied by music from Big Cats
The action takes place at Loring Park with the music beginning at 7:00 pm and the movies beginning at dusk (approximately 8:45 pm).
Also, food trucks, including Fro Yo Soul, Gastrotruck and Hot Indian Foods, will be on hand to curb those hunger pangs.
So, mark your calendar and add more music and movies in the park to your summer fun.