1. Go out for breakfast or brunch at your favorite spot. There’s Common Roots, Key’s Downtown, Hell’s Kitchen, Zumbro, Uptown Cafeteria, Glam Doll Donuts, Birchwood Cafe and so many other options.
2. Hit up a farmers market. On Sunday, the Linden Hills, Kingfield, Minneapolis and St. Paul farmers markets are in operation, and you will find a bounty of goodies at each.
3. Check out a Nice Ride Bike and explore a new part of the city. You rent these bicycles on a daily basis for little money ($6 for 24 hours) and you can pick one up and drop it off at one of the many Nice Ride Stations throughout Minneapolis. For more information, click here.
4. Ride the Trolley at Lake Harriet. The Como-Harriet Streetcar line runs from the station by the Band Shell over to Lake Calhoun and back again. You’ll learn about the hey-day of streetcars in Minneapolis, and take a nice ride for $2.
5. It’s always fun to hit up the Sculpture Garden and visit or revisit the spoon and the cherry. They have a new interactive app and artist-designed mini golf, too. For more information, click here.
6. Visit the top of the Foshay Tower, which was once the tallest building in Minneapolis. Did you know it was inspired by the Washington Monument?
7. Walk across the Stone Arch Bridge and grab a coffee and snack at Wilde Roast Cafe.
8. Get ice cream at Sebastian Joe’s, Pump House Creamery or Crema Cafe.
9. Take the kids out to dinner for free – and get a great meal yourself – at one of these places.
We’re sure there are so many other things you can add to your Sunday Funday. What did we leave out? Let us know; we love hearing from our readers.